So on freshly scrubbed (via Brown Sugar Scrub) and deep conditioned hair... i applied my oil mixture, Shea Moisture Curl enhancing Smoothie and As I Am Smoothing gel as a hold. You dont really need the gel you can use pins to hold the knots in place but i wanted the extra hold and tame on my frizz.
How to Knot the Hair:
- on freshly washed, wet/dry hair or on an old twist out, moisturize the hair thoroughly, focus on the ends
- section of a reasonable chunk, can be small or large depending on the length of your hair or high tightly coiled you want the end result
- for this part you can either twist the hair then begin to wrap it around itself, or wrap the hair until it starts to coil.
- depending on how tightly you wrap the coils it will end up tucked in by itself or you can use a pin to hold it.
- wrap up with satin scarf or cover with bonnet and take down in the morning by loosening the pin, grabbing the ends of your hair and pulling the coil out.
- with a little oil on your fingers, separate the hair or twists. you can either let them fall on their own or separate for a full look the first day.
This is OhYesItsV on freshly washed & blow-dried hair doing the wrap & tuck method:
This is WestNDNBeauty on an old twist out doing the twist & pin method:
This is me for the week:
|day 1: turban style! wasnt ready to take them out as of yet|
|day 2: pulled the twist out but not apart|
|day 3:covered with a scarf overnight with some oil on my ends|
|day 4: hand in hair syndrome, had to pull them apart|
|day 5: frohawk! spritzed and used amazing botanicals pumpkin pomade|