So my origianl brown sugar scrub recipe went like this:
- 1 tbsp honey (just love it!!!)
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, USDA grade (large granules/crystals)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- few drops of tea tea oil
messy mixture and it was just a task to put in..... so yea just NO!
now after watching the video above: I came up with this:
- 3 tbsp of conditioner of your choosing ( I used UR Curly Quinoa Condit)
- 1 tsp of oil(s) [ i used Amla oil]
- 1-2 tbsp of brown sugar.. i learned if you leave the mixture sitting too long before you start using it the crystals will melt.. go figure!
So on dry hair, i sectioned my hair off in four large sections and clipped them to hold it in place. Then i grabbed a section parted it and applied the mixture directly onto my scalp and worked on it from the inside out.Meaning i started from the middle of the section and worked my way out. Once i felt the section was thoroughly scrubbed i added the mixture to the part itself [ I grabbed more conditioner and applied it to my hair and ends]. i then clipped it back and did the same for the other three sections. afterwards washed it out and applied my deep conditioner. rinsed first with warm water then followed by a 2-3 minute cold water rinse. Moisturized as usual.