Friday, March 1, 2013

Brown Sugar Scrub:

I've done this once in the first year that i went natural, for my one year NappyVersay!. I wasn't too happy with the feel of the large sugar granules and havent done thins since but i found this video and had to give it another try...


So my origianl brown sugar scrub recipe went like this:
  • 1 tbsp honey (just love it!!!)
  • 1 tbsp coconut milk
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar, USDA grade (large granules/crystals)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • few drops of tea tea oil
messy mixture and it was just a task to put in..... so yea just NO!

now after watching the video above: I came up with this:
  • 3 tbsp of conditioner of your choosing ( I used UR Curly Quinoa Condit)
  • 1 tsp of oil(s) [ i used Amla oil]
  • 1-2 tbsp of brown sugar.. i learned if you leave the mixture sitting too long before you start using it the crystals will melt.. go figure!
So on dry hair, i sectioned my hair off in four large sections and clipped them to hold it in place. Then i grabbed a section parted it and applied the mixture directly onto my scalp and worked on it from the inside out.Meaning i started from the middle of the section and worked my way out.  Once i felt the section was thoroughly scrubbed i added the mixture to the part itself [ I grabbed more conditioner and applied it to my hair and ends]. i then clipped it back and did the same for the other three sections. afterwards washed it out and applied my deep conditioner. rinsed first with warm water then followed by a 2-3 minute cold water rinse. Moisturized as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment