Saturday, January 18, 2014

I've had Surgery

So if you follow me on twitter or instagram you'd know that i had surgery Thursday from that hematoma thingy ive been complaining about.

But it wasnt a hematoma. i visited my gynecologist on Monday and she told me that my doctor read the chart wrong (joy) and she did not understand why they told me i had a hematoma. Yes it was enlarged and they did see something but that wasnt it.

Whoosa!

Any who, what i had was a polyp (been spelling it wrong for a while lol). More specifically an endometrial polyp.

As Defined by Wiki:
An endometrial polyp or uterine polyp is a polyp or lesion in the lining of the uterus (endometrium) that takes up space within the uterine cavity. Commonly occurring, they are experienced by up to 10% of women.[6]...They range in size from a few millimeters to several centimeters.[7] link here
So pretty much i had some extra tissue in the lining of my uterus that cause me to have heavier bleeding during my periods and some bleeding before and after (pretty much light to heavy spotting).

Now the procedure i had done was a hysteroscopy. Its was a transvaginal procedure meaning they enter through my vagina and no topical incisions made. They opened up my cervix and scrapped away at anything thy could see that was abnormal.. hence polyp. Of course they explained to me what could go wrong, specifically a tear or scratch in my cervix (which unfortunately did happen) that they could fix up right away. So i have a few stitches on my cervix (again joy).

I was put under anesthesia and had me a lovely oxygen mask (my throat finally stopped hurting as much today). So i will be spotting for the next two weeks (again joy). No sex or bubbles baths (:::tear:::) and no tampon use at all (basically nothing inserted) until the all clear from the doc.

Le Sigh.

But its all good. And did i tell you my best friends are awesome. They both came and stayed with me for the day of. Krys came after work. Kizz's parents dropped me off and then took us all home. Mommy was there of course! And i love them all so dearly.

My support system is awesome!!!

Anyway thats my news, I've no pain (until 6-8pm last night) mostly a migraine and sore throat. Other than that i'm all good.

Have a great Weekend!
A.Soul

Side Note, the pain i was experiencing in my ovaries was something different altogether, but the birth control pills, as i was told by my gyn will relieve the symptoms. thank Jeezus!

No comments:

Post a Comment