Monday, January 13, 2014

52 Books: 1:Jubilee By Margaret Walker



SO i cam across this on twitter, and then again on IG. And nowi see where it all began about 3 years ago on this site here. With the avid reader i am on Wattpad and how i used to be as a child with my novels, i find this challenge to be inspiring.

In this challenge you 52 books for the year. One book a week that is of interest to you. You can buy them or borrow them from the library, up to you. I like to buy my books and have them in hand or you know keep it in my kindle app on my tablet (very handy as well)

I slowed my reading down with school because it was hard to keep up my reading for fun and the reading required for class. But now im slowing getting back into my passion of reading for fun. I started off this year getting a new copy of a book i lost a few years ago (thanks nephew) called Jubilee by Margaret Walker

This book took place in slavery times. It followed one family about through their years as a slaves from working on the plantation is a child to the civil war to the trials of their freedom. I enjoyed this book because as a young black i find Vyrys struggle my own. Her story is a battle of fear and acceptance and the will to fight, of nature vs. nurture and a simple history lesson of life in that time. Bad with descriptions but you get the gist in the second sentence.

Would i recommend this book, absolutely!

can buy it here!

Currently reading: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment