Monday, October 21, 2013

Protective Style :: Washing Loc Extensions

Hey All!

So I've had my Locs in for a two weeks now and i love it! I really do, my only thing is that with getting back to my yoga and all my hair is full of sweat and just has been a bit of an itchy mess lately. So I stopped by the Vitamin Shoppe/Drug Store and picked up a bottle of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Grape Seed oil.

For those of you that don't know, i do an ACV Spray.. where i mix a 3:1 ration of water to ACV, than add a mix of oils in there as well. Originally the bottle contained peppermint and tea tree oil with a few drops of olive oil. But this time i wanted more of a cleansing, less tingling mix. so i put the rosemary and tea tree, and added the grape seed for a light moisturizing oil.

(yea im still adding peppermint but wanted to see how this mix worked first)

Thursday night,  before i hopped in the shower, i sprayed my scalp only, with the mix, and vigorously rubbed it in with the balls of my fingers (not the nails...we don't want an irritated scalp when vinegar's involved!) to help alleviate the dirt and buildup gained over the last week and half (especially after the work out i had in yoga yesterday!) I let it sit for a good 5-10 minutes and separated my hair in sections.

While i showered (which was awesome by the way after that workout) my hair was able to steam while i cleaned .. (hey that rhymed!)

So the ACV mix was in my hair for a good 15 minutes more, before i rinsed it out. I just used a cup, tilted my head over the tub/sink (pending on how you want to do it) and just let the water flow over my scalp. I of course rubbed it n around my edges and such to make sure that it really got out.

No one wants to smell like vinegar all day.

So after i finished my awesome shower and towel dried my hair i sprayed it with the Alikay Naturals Lemongrass leave-in conditioner and rubbed my oil mixture (horsetail, castor, jojoba, sweet almond, evoo) on my scalp after. I tied it with my satin scar and called it a night.

My scalp feels so much better and yea some itchy parts still (cause i know i didnt do a great wash just an alleviation of sorts) but yea its cleaner than it was before and the next time i wash is when these locs are coming out.


No comments:

Post a Comment