Monday, November 26, 2012

Product Review: As i Am Smoothing Gel


Again, from this months CurlKit!
I figured since i was already using something new for my hair from the CurlKit might as well go all the way! lol. Anyway i have a problem with frizz on my twists (not that i really mind it) buuuuut i like my twists looking messy but neat like more into the week than a day or two after i did it if you know what i mean. 

Yea i'm not gonna catch all the hair and some extra strands will escape me (somehow they always do.. 0_O) But with the smoothing gel i thought that it would help with the frizz, get them to lay down down instead of play around! And it did. 

When i finished my mini-twist i just grabbed some of this on my fingers and rubbed it over them and finished it off with my winter spritz before doing a few large twists and tying with my satin scarf.

From the website:


  • Provides a secure hold
  • Moisturizes
  • Adds shine
  • Rinses easily from the hair when it's time to cleanse
  • Won't dry out, harden or roughen hair

Key Ingredients: Aloe Vera Gel, Sugar Beet Root, Vegetable Glycerin and Wheat Protein

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root¹, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice ¹, Glycerin¹, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein², Laureth-23, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene.
Source: 1-Natural; 2-Wheat Derived

Best if applied to clean, damp hair. Use a spray bottle to dampen hair if necessary.
  • Apply gel and smooth down, using your fingers or a soft natural bristle brush. 
  • Allow hair to dry completely before touching it again.
  • For next-day refreshing, dampen the area where the gel was applied, and smooth.

Non greasy, very lightweight, non flaky when drying, doesn't leave any white residue, and smells heavenly (very light sweet scent). As it says helps in smoothing the hair down. 

Would I recommend.... YES
Would I buy it myself.... YES

No comments:

Post a Comment