Saturday, November 10, 2012

GRE

So this morning I was scheduled to take the GRE or Graduate Recognition Exam, that test you take for grad school. Not mandatory in most cases but if you're like me and dont have a strong GPA or just want to show your competency in you field then the GRE is for you.

Naturally theres the general exam, which is pretty much the harder version of the SAT and then theres the subject test. i completely lucked out in finding that they had a Psych GRE! =) cause lord nows me having to write essays and start going over math again was just a big NO!

Anyway the exam lasted for 2 hrs 50 min, a total of 205 multiple choice questions based on Cognition, research Methods, Intro to Psych, Human Development, Personality, Sensation, and Physiology.... pretty much all psych has to offer. For me that was going over 3 1/2 years of psych or 7 semesters in a span of a few months.

Did i take those few months to study?
....................................................................NO

I spent summer pretty much lazing about and gave myself a month and half to buckle down and cram. NO BUENO! I suggest you never do it to yourselvves, EVER!

Stupid freaking test, they made us get there for 830am on a SATURDAY! i dont like to leave my bed before 10 on the weekends and i was up at 5. but my ass got there for 730 and the jerks started the exam at 921!

Sigh............................

All in all i think i did ok today. but if anything, I'll take it again in April. it just pains to me to dish out $150 for the exam tho... sigh. If only my poor GPA looked decent!

No comments:

Post a Comment