Thursday, November 7, 2013

Product Review: Shea Moisture Hair Color System - Dark Golden Blonde

So i finally did it...I colored my hair.. and i love it!

I recently acquired the hair color at the Circle of Sisters event last month and i told myself that i was gonna wait until Spring of next year to color it but my impaitient behind waited until last night, the wednesday after i took out my loc extensions on Friday lol.. it was a good 5 day wait lol

So heres what i used:

  

The Dark Golden Blonde hair color and inside was the 1) Hair Color Creme 2) Creme Developer 3) Shea Moisture: Moisture Retention Shampoo, Restorative Conditioner, & Reconstructive Finishing Elixir 4) Gloves, Applicator Brush, and Applicator top

Now I wasn't sure how i wanted to color my hair, all i know is that i wasnt doing the whole head i wanted to focus more on the ends. so what i did was part my hair horizontally 5 times, starting from the back. the first section was going to be colored so i twisted it to the and pinned it to the side. The next section was not to be colored so i flat twisted it out of the way. and bantu knotted the end. I repeated this for my whole head mommy helped !) =)


After i got my sections down to where i was coloring and where i wasnt, i went through again and detangled my hair. I then followed the intructions and mixed the color creme and color developer in an old bowl. I didnt follow the bottle or brush method, just grabbed up some color on my fingers and rubbed it down the sectioned off hair, which was about three quarters of the length of my hair that the color was on.

I let it sit for about 45 min-1 hour it was just taking long to turn (did i do a post check before hand.. nope! cause im not about that life.. we go in hard body expecting nothing and getting back something lol!) 

Shampoo (love)... Condition (eh its laright)... LOC Method... Twist & Tie for the night
and waalaa

My colored striped hair! 
=)





Come to realize that yesterday was my 3 year NappyVersary! Go figure! Lookin Good A.SOul!

No comments:

Post a Comment